Did you like The Knife of Never Letting Go? I bought it a couple of days ago cause it sounded good. I haven't had a chance to read it yet.
It’s one of my all-time favourites! I hope you enjoy it :)
Did you like that 'Of Poseidon' book?
Yeah it was good. I didn’t like the last book in the series though.
My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.
All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don’t even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost - and the ghost saw me.
Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won’t leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a “special home” for troubled teens. Yet the home isn’t what it seems. Don’t tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? it’s up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House…before its skeletons come back to haunt me.
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong was a very average book for me. I’ve only read a few books centred around the dead such as Anna Dressed in Blood, The Raven Boys and Hereafter but The Summoning probably ranks the lowest for me among them. The writing is very easy - The story didn’t grip me very much but her writing kept me intrigued and curious enough to finish this book. I didn’t feel much of a connection with any of characters and I wish I could’ve known more about them all individually.
Thanks to the ending of this book though, which really picked up for me, I will be getting The Awakening. I’m hoping that there will be more revealed about Chloe’s past and the other characters lives. It was a cliffhanger and I would like to know what happens next with the storyline and the supernatural abilities throughout the book. I just felt like the ending (even though it was suspenseful) desevered to be - bigger. I felt that the storyline had a lot more potential and that it still does. I feel like The Summoning is a preview for a great story and I’m really hoping The Awakening will improve my thoughts on this book.
I was rummaging through some old things yesterday and I found this little library I bought for my dollhouse as a child. All it needs is a ladder and it would be a foreshadowing!
It was my dads 50th and I managed to get a semi-awkward photo. This was my dress Agnes, it has a low back and it was puffy skirt c:
**1000** FOLLOWER BOOK GIVEAWAY!!
So apparently I seem to have a thing for reaching my next follower milestone BEFORE MY GIVEAWAYS FOR THE PREVIOUS ONE EVEN END. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME LOL.
This one is different from my previous two! The prize in question is not a book.
It is any bookish item (1) under $30 USD on Etsy!
If it is related to books in any way, IT COUNTS! (All the items in the pictures ARE under $30 and eligible!)
- If Etsy ships to your country, you may participate. Therefore, it is international!
- However, be aware that not all shops ship to all countries. So please keep this in mind while you are selecting your prize if you win.
- The $30 DOES INCLUDE SHIPPING. So keep this in mind as well.
- As this is in appreciation of every single one of my beautiful followers, you must be following me, just-one—more-page.tumblr.com. I will be checking! (If you enter with a secondary blog, make sure there’s a link to it somewhere on your primary, so I can tell it’s you.)
- You may enter by both liking and reblogging this post! As many reblogs as you like are allowed. However, please be courteous to your followers, and avoid spamming them.
- Absolutely no giveaway blogs!
- I will be choosing a winner with a random number generator from the notes.
- The winner will have 48 hours to reply to me and actively start deciding on a prize item before I move on to another random winner.
- Please make sure your ask box is open! Otherwise I won’t be able to contact you if you’ve won.
- You must be comfortable giving me a shipping address. I promise I won’t do anything else with it!
- Because I’m not made of money, this giveaway will be going on much longer than my previous ones. It will end at 12:00AM EST on December 1st!
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! Now go forth and reblog!! FOR THE LOVE OF BOOKS!
[Some good Bookish shops to browse through for ideas (but of course not limited to): BoundByHand | freemoment | MauveMagpie | CarasBookishCharms | BrotherWorks | LittleLiterature | wayfaringart | TheStampinPlace | CoolBookmark | STCHandmade]
Books and Cupcakes September book photo challenge
Day 15: Hero/Heroine
Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games
September Book Photo Challenge
Day 6: Favourite series
Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness
September photo book challenge - Day 19
Book to movie/tv
I will never be over how amazing the film adaptation of the maze runner is
Book: The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I loved this book even more the second time around! I just adore the journey of self-discovery Dante and Ari go through. I definitely cried during this sit through.
and I will reblog it until it is the social norm
So I’m a little excited…well really excited! Fallen, a beautiful story about love and angels will be coming to the big screen in 2015. One of my favourite series, written by the wonderful Lauren Kate.
I’m going to be doing another post going into more detail about the movie here!